The next developer will inherit previous work via a zip file with a git repository with 2 branches, and preferably have the following skills/experience:
- Python 3.5
- Tornado. Should be ok with working with asynchronous tech like long polling/socket.io/websockets.
- Angular 1 + enough HTML/CSS to turn designs into a working frontend application (we already have the frontend designs in HTML).
- Knowledge of a JS charting/graphing library to create realtime charts.
- Basic knowledge of a way to package the application for the easiest possible deployment by regular computer users (something like Vagrant, Docker, or a custom virtual machine image).
- Any experience in creating browser games would be very helpful.
- Experience with turn-based games (paper or computer) would help in understanding the game structure and making suggestions on how to better adapt the tabletop game into a browser game.
- Experience in making web applications that are optimized to work on energy constrained devices with touch screens would be very helpful
I understand that developers might have different ideas on how to achieve the goals of the project differently so the above skills are not set in stone, but the above list gives an idea of the project so far.