This is a part-time position proofreading technical software documentation translations. The amount of work can vary from week to week, with some weeks being very busy and others having little to no assignments. Most assignments are brief and can be completed within 1-2 hours.
• Able to work an average of 10 hours per week, with the possibility of occasional increase in hours for special projects
• Able to proofread and edit English to German documentation describing how to use and configure software products
• Native language must be German
• Must be fluent in English (speak, read, and write)
• Ability to proofread and make revisions using our translation software platform
• Must have access to the internet, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), Adobe Reader, and able to use shared folder technology (Box, Google docs, Drobbox, etc.)
• Must be able to check for assignments daily and complete within 2 days.
• Experience translating documents from scratch