We are looking for experienced and creative translators who will be working on translating blog posts for a new online travel website.
Description of job:
The translation of about 800 blog posts, originally written in Turkish, into English
- The guides will be handed to the translators every or every other week depending on their workload.
- The word count for the original posts range between 600-1000.
- For each post translated, 4 USD (Upwork fee included) will be paid to the translator. The budget in this job posting is for 3 articles for now.
What are we looking for in a candidate?
* Experience in translation,
* Reading and comprehending skills in English and Turkish,
* Competent skills in grammar and spelling rules of the Turkish and English languages,
* Interest in traveling, writing and different cultures,
* Ability to meet the deadlines and maintain contact,
* A good sense of humor to make the posts more fun-to-read is a plus.
During application, make sure to include your relevant work experience, the number of guides you can translate during a week (one to two posts a day is the minimum expectation) and the time zone you are in, if not in Turkey. A short passage will be given to candidates during the application process for evaluation.
Those that are interested in the job can find sample translation materials in the following links to get an idea about the articles :
Creative and inspired translators/creative-writers with required skills are encouraged to apply!