An international news aggregation site seeks bi-lingual writers for part-time work as Language Editors. This supplemental position is an effective resume-builder for those who work in translation, communications, and media, and works best for people who avidly consume news on daily basis. The ideal candidate will:
1. Be completely fluent in both English and the primary language of the region or country they are covering.
2. Possess a deep knowledge of both current affairs and the newspaper/media culture of the region they are covering.
3. Have the ability to quickly craft engaging, high-quality copy in English, as well as efficiently summarize the most interesting components of a long article into a brief paragraph.
The duties of a language editor include:
1. Reviewing a region’s online newspapers daily and selecting any noteworthy articles, based on both the criteria we provide and the candidate’s own expertise on current affairs.
2. Writing a headline and a short summary...