An international news aggregation site seeks a Spain/Latin America Editor for part-time work. This supplemental position is an effective resume-builder for those who work in translation, communications, and media, and works best for people who avidly consume news on daily basis. The ideal candidate will:
1. Be completely fluent in both English and Spanish.
2. Possess a deep knowledge of both current affairs and the newspaper/media culture.
3. Have the ability to quickly craft engaging, high-quality copy in English, as well as efficiently summarize the most interesting components of a long article into a brief paragraph.
The duties of the Editor include:
1. Reviewing online newspapers daily and selecting any 10-15 noteworthy articles each week, based on both the criteria we provide and the candidate's own expertise on current affairs.
2. Writing a headline and a short summary (150-250 words) in English of each article.
To apply, please provide a resume with relevant work...