We have about 5 hours of video interviews that were recorded in Thailand; northern Thai speakers. And we need them translated to English and transcribed ASAP. And we need it exported to SRT for direct import and auto subtitle generation in adobe premiere, our video editing software.
**The rate put in on this listing, an hourly rate, is arbitrary right now; we are taking quotes at this time**
We think compensations should be either at at rate of $2-3/ min, or pay by the hour, or a set total rate for the entire scope of work. But we are open to a number of options here and seeking quotes for the task. We understand the added step of translation, and not just direct transcription, adds to the time and complexity of the scope of work. We want this to be highly accurate, and we will pay for someone with a better track record and clear experience in this.
Do not send a generic outreach email to us or you will not receive a response. We need to know that you read our listing here fully. When you reach out, respond to us with answers to the numbered items below.
1) Please detail why you are a good fit for this position and outline your past experience in Thai to English translation and transcription;
2) Please provide at least one, preferably more, work samples (of thai to english translations); ideally send some transcriptions as well so we know you understand the proper time code formatting, etc. We need to check the accuracy of your written English;
3) Do you have experience doing video transcriptions and exporting to SRT? If not, we will guide and train you through how to do the SRT export and provide you with a software license (*YOU MUST HAVE A MAC*) that will auto-generate the time codes for you and help with the SRT export.
4) What is your rate / what would you charge for this entire scope of work? I will get a 100% final accurate time count on the videos, so we have the total hours. I can provide a video clip sample as well of the interviews if that is useful.
5) Send along any questions or concerns you have and/ or additional information you think we need to know.