Hello Upwork! I'm a Harvard computer programmer just launching my first website: www.crowdburst.com, a self-help community for exchanging personal and professional feedback. I need some good ideas for marketing this website. I am paying out of my own pocket for all expenses, which means the budget for marketing is quite low. I need someone who
1) Knows how to leverage *free* marketing channels to the maximum extent (e.g. getting the most out of Facebook, Twitter, etc., blogs, and other free sources of publicity).
2) Can identify the most cost-effective sites, keywords, and techniques for paid advertising (Google ads, Facebook ads, more specialized platforms).
3) Has creative, non-obvious ideas for finding potential customers at low cost. (Bake sale! Tupperware party! Dance competition!)
4) Hopefully, can help with SEO, Google analytics, and other technical aspects of Internet marketing. (However, SEO experience is not required.
Suitable candidates for this job will:
1) Have excellent communication skills (since you'll be sending emails and posting on behalf of the site). Good, but not perfect, English is required.
2) Be creative, out-of-the-box thinkers with lots of ideas for reaching customers.
3) Be reliable and dependable.
If this sounds like you, please apply!
For now, this is not a full-time job; I need help 3-10 hours a week for now (maybe more later). However, I definitely want you to stay with me for the long term so you can really get to know the site and our customers -- so I'll be looking for someone with whom I can have a great long-term working relationship. The hours should be very flexible; you can work whenever you want.
Take a look at the site here:
Don't forget to answer the questions at the bottom of this application. I look forward to working with you!