Our organization planning to enter into hosting business.
- We already have few beta customers hosted in our infrastructure.
- Our current infra is as under:
- 4 server with the following config:
- Dell 710(72GB RAM, 10 TB storage): 02 servers
- Dell 1950 (16GB RAM, 2 TB storage): 02 servers
- 4 IPv4/24 subnets from APNIC
- 1 IPv6/48 subnet from APNIC
- The four servers are running Debian and use KVM and OpenVz (LXC) for full as well as container virtualization.
- Currently all the sites and virtual servers and containers are consolidated on one of the Dell-710 servers and the other three are free for new cloud implementation.
- The Dell-710 server currently in production, is also running Quagga, a BGP daemon, and peers with our ISP's router for routing of Kavach's subnets to/from internet.
The plan is to implement a scalable cloud architecture, initially on the available 3 server, migrate all containers and virtual server on the 4th server to this new platform and then migrate the 4th server also as a part of this new infra.
- We should subsequently be able to add additional servers seamlessly as and when demand increases.
- We should also be able to scale to horizontally and integrate with other public cloud providers like Rackspace, Amazon etc with hybrid cloud implementation.
- Should be able to offer a portal to existing as well as prospective customers which should have the following:
- Store front with the Option for Self flexible configurable servers and auto provisioning
- Automated billing
- Control panel like cPanel
- Option to sell domains from our portal by integration the reseller API of GoDaddy or similar registrar.