Framework - Unity3D 5.3.4+
As far as is practically possible, the social media connection framework must allow for:
• The singleton management of multiple connections to a range of different social media BUT only a single connection allowed to each social media service
• Polymorphic definition of a connection handler such that each social media service has its own handler, all accessible through a common interface definition to provide, at a base level (please extend, if necessary):
◦ Open a secure connection
◦ Close a connection
◦ Check the state of a connection
◦ Access and navigate the image library of the social media service
◦ Allow the download of the selected image(s) to the local device
Initially, we require connectivity with Facebook, Dropbox and Instagram, but it is anticipated that other networks will need to be accessed in the future, so the expectation is that new social media connection handlers will be created from an abstract base class, in the same format as those required for this brief.
The user must be presented with the directories and image files from the selected social media network, as a scrollable collection of thumbnail images. Directories can be navigated by selecting them, with the option to move up a level.
Any selected images will be added to a collection of images ready for download, allowing the user to select images throughout the hierarchy, then download them all in one go through the click of a button.
For simplicity, any images selected against one social media network must be downloaded before the user can switch to another network.
The UI for this brief needs only be a series of buttons to show the functionality working; beyond the presentation and functionality of the image hierarchies in the social media networks, there is no need for full UI development.