Every day, we strive to deliver the world's most advanced communication technology to the non-profit community. Tools matter, and we are committed to leading the industry by building simple yet sophisticated tools that establish new models of constituent outreach and organizing. We do this work to make a difference.
With the challenges faced on a global scale, we feel that the efforts of every single person counts. We use our talents and labor to create tools that will provide the maximum leverage to achieve this social progress — arming those doing this advocacy, organizing, and political education work with better tools for the job.
Direct Leap Technologies is searching for a Senior Systems Administrator to start immediately on a part- or full-time permanent basis.
• Evolve infrastructure, server, deployment strategies and testing to support corporate and client’s needs.
• Write deployment scripts, debugging applications and evaluating new technologies.
• Support Direct Leap Technologies’ Linux production environment (web, VoIP, database and associated servers – local and virtual).
• Creation, maintenance (patches, etc.) and monitoring of servers in multiple environments (production, staging, development).
• Securing all networks and servers against intrusion.
• Backup processes for critical data, both off-site and office based.
• Documentation of everything – systems, processes, network diagrams, etc.
• Provide system setup and support for systems in-house.
• Be on call and provide support 24/7.
Required Qualifications and Skills:
• Experience architecting, designing and implementing a large complex infrastructure systems.
• 8+ years as a System Administrator, preferably in a client services environment.
• In-depth experience with Asterisk VoIP, Freeswitch, and SIP
• Expertise in PostgreSQL.
• Experience with automated regression testing and quality assurance tools.
• Solid understanding of efficient and secure networking, including IP protocol, firewall administration, software load balancers, routers, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot hard/software and discuss issues with various stakeholders and create clear reports on issues and solutions.
• Experience programming with Ruby on Rails, Perl, PHP, and Shell Script.
• Solid experience with planning, performance tuning and execution of environment scaling.
• Detail oriented with excellent analytical and diagnostic skills.