Need Web Accessibility SME
We are a small start-up working on websites for companies in US and Canada. As part of a regular project with a company in Canada we are supposed to comply with web Accessibility standards which are equivalent to WCAG 2.0 AA standards. We are seeking consulting / help in complying with the Accessibility standards and also help us in testing for these standards. The idea is to engage an SME who will build the capability of our team through working on the current project and next few projects.
The following are a broad set of requirements that we need to full-fill as part of Accessibility standards
1. The site and application pages have to comply with WCAG 2.0 AA standards and some additional Client specific standards
2. The site should comply with audience with various disabilities, including – (a) Mobility/Agility; (b) Color Blind; (c) Low Vision; (d) Blind; (e) Deaf/Hard of Hearing; & (f) Seizure Disorders
3. Review and understand customer specific standards (in addition to with WCAG 2.0 AA) and help our tech team.
We are looking for a person who can help us with the following activities with reference to the above requirements
1. Be a subject matter expert (SME) in the area of Accessibility with hands on experience in implementing WCAG 2.0 AAA or AA standards.
2. Must have helped or consulted or led multiple implementation cycles from beginning to end, from design to development, and testing.
3. Should be able to conduct multiple orientation / training sessions to the UI developers and testers.
4. Review the deliverables from time to time and provide feedback / review comments to UI developers and testers.
1. We propose to engage with the SME in time & material with minimum guaranteed work of 40 hours. We can extend the scope of work in chunks of 4 hours based on mutual agreement. Payment terms will be agreed at the time of contract / starting of work.
2. The selected SME must be willing to attend meetings (Conference calls / Webex meetings) during 8am to 11am EST time window
3. No travel required. All work will be executed remotely.
4. Any training / support material / content will be highly appreciated
5. Selected SME MUST sign NDA with us and they can’t use our name or our customer name in any way, either in public or private.
What is expected from you
1. Brief description about your experience and capabilities in Web Accessibility compliance with WCAG 2.0 AA level.
2. Five Bullet point what you can do and how you can help us?
3. Sample of work done in the past with focus on your role
4. Hourly rate.
5. Any specific payment terms.
6. Your consent to work in the model we described above – working hours, consulting, training, etc.