Our retail sales company has ongoing (manual) data cleansing and research needs that require assistance on and off throughout the year. Most of these are projects that require four or five days of work, sometimes less and sometimes more. I am hoping to establish a relationship with someone that has a good background in working on spreadsheet data and strong work ethic, so that I can continue to work with them on these projects. The first two existing project options are also outlined in detail below, and I would estimate that each project entails 3 to 4 days of work.
I am open to paying whatever is a fair price given your skill set, but my initial bid is to pay around $15-$20 per 8 hour workday for this type of work.
Please be sure to tell me a little about yourself, and how your background may fit with these initial projects.
Project Description A (See tab 1 in attached file):
Note that many books contain updated editions that are released every few years. I am trying to simply ensure that I have have the most current edition of those books that have been updated. This project is to find the most current edition of a book in a list. Or, if the book on the list is the most current, then to find the one (or two) that is prior to the most current edition.
For example, you may see the URL for a book in the list that shows the below link.
After a quick google or amazon link, you will discover that the most current edition of this book is ISBN 0323310605, per the below link. See more examples in tab 1.
1. Open spreadsheet that contains a list of URLs from Amazon.com. Each URL is a single book.
2. Review each URL one by one, and do a google or amazon.com or directtextbooks.com search to try to find the earlier or older edition of the same book. If you find a newer or older edition, simply place the ISBN number of the book in the adjacent column.
3. Try to find the most current edition of the book and include its ISBN number too in the column titled Current ISBN.
Then move on to the next URL.
4. Be sure to pay close attention to the actual book's title and author so that the newer or older edition selected are actually associated with the same book. I will give you a list of potential confusions to avoid, such as Workbooks, or Electronic versions of the book.
Project Description B:
Overview: This project is to simply choose a good title for products that I plan to sell online. I have a list or URLs with existing titles, but I want to improve the title so that when I list the products on my website, they will be able to get search results. This requires a good understanding of American products and English. Steps are outlined below.
1. Open the URL in the list, such as the example below.
2. Change the title to include other search words that appear in the picture or that are likely to be searched by someone looking for the product. For example, the product's new title could be changed to:
"Rub On Hair & Scalp Conditioner - No Drip - No Mess - 5 ounces - by StaSofFro"
3. Simply Type in the new title, and move on to the next item.
I have many more data cleansing projects like this to work on, so I would enjoy handing these off to a hardworking individual that is used to working in spreadsheets, and is familiar with American products.
Additionally, I have customer email response projects that will be coming up soon too. Thanks for your applications!