I am learning American Sign Language (ASL) and need help making an Anki flashcard deck with GIFs of the signs so that I can practice my vocabulary words.
I have a DVD video that I have already ripped to .IFO/.BUP/.VOB files. On it are the videos of the 679 vocabulary words (each separate word/phrase is clearly marked in the video for when it starts/ends). I also have an indexed spreadsheet of the translations of each of the words in order, so you don’t need to know ASL ;-)
I need someone who can take the video files, cut them into snippets of the right length (just the individual vocabulary word), crop the video snippet to the right size/shape, create GIFs of the cropped snippet, name the GIF with the correct vocabulary term (using the indexed spreadsheet), then create an Anki deck with those GIFs and export the deck as an .apkg file.
1. An Anki deck with 679 vocabulary words and their GIFs as an .apkg file.
2. All the GIF files, appropriately named, in a compressed folder.
Timeline: Ideally, I'd love to have this in 1-2 weeks, as the class has already started.
1. Cut DVD video files into 679 snippets of individual vocabulary words/phrases.
2. Crop the video snippet to the right size/shape (as per instructions and example to be provided).
3. Great GIFs from the cropped snippets.
4. Name the GIFs as per the instructions and spreadsheet provided.
5. Create an Anki deck with the GIFs.
6. Export the deck as an .apkg file and save all GIFs in a compressed folder to share.
- Familiarity with Anki flashcard making software. Preferably you have created decks before.
- Access to and comfort with video editing software that lets you cut, crop, and format.
- Experience creating GIFs, with an eye for GIFs that look good and have small file sizes.
- Scripting ability to let you automate parts of this process.