I am looking to hire someone to help me with research for my startup. The startup focuses on creating alternative data for buy-side firms in the financial Industry.
I will consider all candidates, but preference will be given to applicants with the following qualifications:
- Experience with general and market research, ability to discern high quality information (scholarly journals, reputable sources) from low quality information
- Experience with financial industry (a basic understanding of jargon, buy-side, sell-side, hedge fund, private equity, alpha, beta, bottom up, top down, etc)
- Ability to find and read a financial prospectus and under
- An understanding of the Indian economy, and experience in India
- Proficiency with google sheets, google docs
- Ability to break down a question, find answers to different components of each question, and create a wholistic picture
To start out, the job will require you to seek out asset managers (hedge funds, mutual funds, private equity) and create a spreadsheet of hedge funds operating in India (and various qualities about those hedge funds). We will then look to perform extensive market research for emerging markets alternative data. Responsibilities will rapidly expand if you are talented!