I'm looking to hire someone part-time with the possibility to move to full-time in a few months if things go well. This would be for about 5 hours per week (maybe more if additional work is needed on certain weeks).
I'm an author with an active fanbase, so there will be many types of work involved with this job. Here are some of the things you might be doing:
* Light/occasional proofreading of books
* Reach out to other authors for cross promotion opportunities
* Reach out to book bloggers to feature author
* Pre-load content into Aweber email service so that author can write email and send
* Make simple graphics using Canva or Picmonkey for social media, Facebook covers, etc.
* Check Goodreads and make sure covers are correct
* Pull together good reviews from various sources to use in marketing
* Pull interesting quotes from new releases to use in marketing
* Create graphics with the quotes
* Manage private reader Facebook group and motivate readers to do things to promote author's books
* Help set up ARC team and manage the process
* Seek out and apply for certain paid promo sites (to be discussed) and schedule those via a spreadsheet
* Help promote author's books on various Facebook groups and pages
* Update front and back matter in author's backlist books as needed
These are some of the tasks you'd be working on. Obviously, I'd love someone who already has experience either working for an author or lots of experience designing these basic graphics. Both would be great.
Would prefer someone based in the US or Canada.
To apply, tell me:
* What experience do you have as a personal assistant?
* Do you have experience working for authors?
* How many hours a week could you work?
* Do you have any experience designing basic graphics? If so, please attach a sample.
NOTE: If you send me a canned template response, your application will be deleted. I'm looking to work with someone who cares about my business and what they do, so the inability to read the whole job posting and answer the questions asked will result in deletion. Looking for a rockstar!