Payroll Processing Plus is seeking a reliable and detail-oriented individual to play a key support role within Payroll Department.
We are looking for someone with:
• Minimum two years of professional-level HR and/or Payroll experience.
• Bachelor's degree or Certification as a Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred.
• Thorough understanding of federal and state employment laws.
• Strong Computer Skills (ie, Word, Excel, and Outlook).
• Experience with ADP Workforce Now and Paychex a plus.
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
• Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and meet established deadlines in tight timeframes with a very high degree of accuracy.
• Experience with payroll tax activities including compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
This position is ideal for someone who has worked a few years in HR and/or Payroll and is looking to take the next step, reporting to and assisting the HR Director, and the Payroll Manager.
The Payroll/HR Rep is responsible for supporting and participating in all aspects of payroll processing. Responsible for the analytical activities involved in maintaining the accuracy and integrity of payroll. Manage the processing of bi-weekly and monthly payroll data. Ensure accuracy of computations.
Message us if this describes you:
• Positive attitude and willingness to assist team members.
• Demonstrated experience troubleshooting problems and analyzing issues including process exceptions that may arise.
• Strong service orientation, including discretion in handling highly confidential information.
• Proven ability to analyze processes and procedures to make recommendations for improvements.
• Strong time management, organizational, verbal and written communications skills.
• Monitor the timeliness and accuracy of data submitted for payroll processing.
• Ensure the accuracy of payroll computations, statutory withholdings, and employee records.
• Handle and troubleshoot any payroll related questions or issues.
• Develop and design ad-hoc reports.
• Manage the administration of payroll-related procedures for all employees (executive, exempt, and non-exempt).
• Knowledge of Time and Labor procedures and processing salary.
• Subject matter expert including ongoing training, development, and effective deployment of resources for staff and faculty on campus.
• Processes New Hire Orientation and on-boarding of New Hires including I9's, and new hire paperwork.
• Creating, filing all paperwork, photocopying, maintaining, monitoring and, securing all employee files.
• Maintains employee files.
• Assisting employees with HR/Payroll website and time clock access and password resets, providing basic HR payroll and benefits information, directions or directing to the appropriate person.
• Adheres to federal and state employment laws.
• Upholds HR best practices adhering to strict confidentiality requirements and protection of sensitive HR data.
• Educate managers on company policies and procedures and ensure compliance.
• Handle employee payroll related issues and complaints in a professional and timely matter.
• Work with Human Resources Director on administering employee benefits for the campus.
• Manage the hiring and termination process including tracking sick and vacation time.