Job Descriptions of VAS Engineer:
We have a content delivery system that integrates our clients in Africa to all Mobile Network Operators (MNO) to send contents via SMS, STK, USSD, IVR/OBD and WAP gateways.
The Content delivery platform is highly scalable and extendable for SMS, STK, USSD, IVR/OBD and WAP services delivery.
We need a full stack developer with Linux system administration experience in Telecommunication fields.
Required skill sets:
- Demonstrable experience developing with the LAMP stack (Linux, Apache, MySQL and PHP). Experience with other stacks (e.g. LEMP) a plus.
- Linux – must be comfortable with the Linux terminal and be able to perform basic to advanced tasks from the terminal. Access to the VAS server is via the terminal only.
- Linux - Networking (IPSec Tunnel, routing & troubleshooting, TCPDUMP , etc)
- Linux - SysAdmin (ensure service OAM - support role, can set up cron, logrotate, backups, etc)
- Web Server Technology – can set up, configure and troubleshoot an Apache web server. Working knowledge of Beanstalkd, Redis and Nginx is a plus.
- SQL - Strong knowledge of SQL. MySQL is currently in use; experience with this or ability to pick up quickly is essential.
- PHP Programming – Our Content Delivery platform is built with Yii2 Framework; experience with Yii2 is required. Knowledge of other MVC frameworks is a big plus, for future deployments.
- SMPP: Working knowledge of SMPP is a must. Experience with Kannel integration & customization is critical.
- Java Programming: can read/write Java code and develop with the Java Spring Framework. Part of our SMPP integrations is implemented in Java. Experience with implementing SMPP in Java is a definite plus.
- Source Code Management: Experience with git in a team environment. Our source code repository is managed with git.
- Containerization: We use deploy our integrations on Docker servers. Experience with Docker and Docker-compose on Linux is necessary. Knowledge of other container technologies is a plus.
- Experience with Web API integration (in PHP and Java), and related technologies (Curl, SOAP, XML, JSON etc)
- Experience with configuration and deployment of different VAS solutions
- Mobile Applications Development experience is a distinct advantage.
- Able to coordinate integration activities between the VAS solutions with the core network, the LAN, the charging systems and the third party content providers.
- Strong technical expertise on telecommunications technologies such as SMSC, MMSC, WAP,IVR/OBD and STK
- Working experience on VAS Platforms, and service requirement definitions.
- Strong knowledge of both Telco Based mobile platforms & services and also IT based VAS services.
- Good knowledge of GSM architecture and entities.
- Strong working knowledge of SMS, OBD, IVR, USSD and STK mode of subscription and content delivery
Job Type: Remote or local support
Additional qualities desired:
- Ideal candidate must be an independent thinker
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies very quickly when the need arises.
- High level of availability