Job Title : Network Activation Supervisor
Duration : 12 Months
Visa : Green Card an US Citizen.
This position is in Frontier’s Network Activation and Provisioning department. The team is responsible for the implementation of network elements, circuits, and customer services that utilize Frontier’s National IP and ATM networks. This role is responsible the oversight of ongoing process, procedure, and day to day operations of the HSI Network Activation team. This position will report to the Network Activation Manager.
• Develop understanding of current activation and migration processes • Document activation processes
• Develop staffing requirements
• Develop roles and responsibilities
• Develop training requirements, execute training plans
• Manage day to day operation of activation staff
• Manage ongoing equipment activation within the HSI network
• Partner with regional engineering departments to understand priorities
• must be able to track a large number of projects
• must be able to prioritize based on numerous variables
• must be comfortable leading a team
• be able to lead remote employees (off-site)
• strong organizational skills
• be available for escalations
• must be able to apply correct resources to escalations in a timely manner
• provide constructive feedback to team members (ad-hoc and formal review process)
• be able to mentor/train less experienced personnel or other departments
• have experience with managing and speaking to customers
• must be able to work flexible hours
• Minimum 5 years experience in data environment
• Applicant must have a basic understanding of Ethernet switching and related protocols
• Applicant should have experience in: IP Subnetting, Network Design, VoIP, DSL technologies.
• Applicant must have extensive knowledge of and practical experience in the use of ATM, Ethernet, DSL technologies, and their related network designs
• Written, oral and presentation skills are critical to the position. This position interacts with regional engineers, shared services and local field personnel on a daily basis.
• Scripting/Programming skills are a plus
• Experience with provisioning or troubleshooting the following equipment is a plus: Cisco Routers (7200-12000 series, ASR9000), Juniper Routers (M, MX and E series), Alcatel-Lucent Switches (7450, 7210, 7750), DSLAMS (Calix, Alcatel, Adtran