We’re looking for a Managing Editor to oversee all original and branded content for a rapidly growing finance-related site.
With over 6 million users/month and growing among several digital companies under the Launch Potato umbrella, as Managing Editor of our new finance site you’ll have the opportunity to reach millions of readers and lead one of the Internet’s fastest growing publishing sites.
The role represents a real opportunity to progress your career with an early/mid stage, high growth start-up in the exciting content marketing/tech space.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
An experienced, writer, editor, leader and social media junkie with a passion for creating sharable content, a great sense of humor, and endless creative ideas!
You believe content is king and the opportunity for online publishers is endless.
• 1+ years creating content and managing an editorial team for an online publisher
• Strong sense of what’s interesting vs. what’s viral
• Obsessed with everything that’s trending from world news to pop culture and celebrity gossip, with solid knowledge in the fields of finance and technology
• Love social media and believe your social media presence is very important
• Proven ability to create/edit viral content and upgrade it to ‘the next level’
• Genuine love and enthusiasm for the sort of content we create
• Meet deadlines and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment (flexibility to work long hours and weekends when necessary)
• Basic HTML & Photoshop skills
• Think you’re hilarious and love memes and GIFs
PREFERRED BUT NOT NECESSARY:
• Experience growing a social media presence
• Understanding of personal finance, traveling, credit cards
• Personal use of Reddit, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube on daily basis
This is a truly exciting opportunity for an experienced editor. Pay would start hourly and be based on site growth and your experience/performance. Full time/long-term opportunities could be available for the right candidate. Ultimately, we're looking for a long-term relationship where we can invest in your growth and training.
Our team was founded with remote work in mind. We communicate via Slack instant message tool and Google video Hangouts daily and expect you to be a vocal, motivating and proactive leader of our close-knit team!
WANT TO BE PART OF THE TEAM?
Apply via Upwork and include the following information.
Applications will not be accepted without the following answered:
1. Why are you perfect for this role?
2. Are you active on social media sites? Which ones, and to what extent?
3. What are your passions/hobbies outside of work?
4. What is your current availability?
5. Provide a screenshot of your results from this speed-typing exercise http://10fastfingers.com/typing-test/english
6. A screenshot of your internet speed http://www.speedtest.net/
7. Optional: any additional materials that will help convey your skill set or creativity (social profiles, writing examples, portfolios, websites, videos) and/or resume
SEE ATTACHED FOR FULL JOB DESCRIPTION.