Well hello there. If you're reading this, I trust you just love designing web site front ends. You have an intuitive sense of not only great design but also UI/UX and how users will actually interact with a website.
We are a growing digital agency with a need to find a designer to help with our various web projects. This position will be ongoing with regular work. Right now I have several projects available and more come in all the time. You must be excellent at design with specific portfolio examples of websites you have designed.
I'm pretty good at getting design down on paper through rough sketches and I'll work with you to get you the details, but you need to be able to take rough sketches and conversations and turn them into actual, well-defined mockups.
You should be able to do the following:
- Create beautiful site mockups in Photoshop (or Illustrator) based on the site requirements.
- Participate in creative meetings both with and without the clients and add suggestions and ideas as appropriate.
- Keep extremely detailed notes and deliver designs with all notes incorporated.
- Be very reliable. This is the most important aspect for a designer on our team. If you can consistently meet your deadlines, with great designs, you'll have a long career with us.
- Take input and critique well. We're all for creative meetings and new ideas, but we also need to be realistic about getting things done. Don't take it personally.
In addition to the web design skill set, it would also be great if you could help out with other design related tasks like logo design, landing page design and others.
To apply for this job, I'd like the following:
- 3 examples of your design process. Show me a site design (can be one page) from concept through final mockup.
- Tell me why you like designing for web. Why do you do this?
- 3 functioning sites that you did the design for.
Other things I need to know:
- What is your availability
- To you, what is a normal turnaround for designs? How quickly can you make edits?
I *very strongly* prefer candidates based in North or South America. I've spent way too long working late hours to accommodate other time zones. So, if you're willing to work during our day (~10a-6p PST), you will be considered. But for the most part, we're looking for North or South American applicants.
Anything else you want to add is always helpful. Let me know. We look forward to working with you!