We’re a close-knit team running an online B2B software for employee performance reviews and we're looking for an experienced designer to work on a complete redesign of our current promotional website.
Appraisd consists of two main components – a promotional website (www.appraisd.com) and a web-based application (app.appraisd.com). In a usual scenario, potential customers – who are mainly HR professionals or business owners – come onto our website after searching for a new staff appraisal system on one of the search engines. Here, they can get more insight about the system itself and either sign up for a free trial (which takes them directly to the system) or request a guided tour with us. These two conversions are our ultimate goal and it's the main purpose of the promotional website. In addition, some of the current Appraisd users might visit the website to log into the system.
The main factor that distinguishes Appraisd from competitors and the main selling points is the user experience and intuitiveness of the system. Therefore, it's critical to reflect the same on our promotional website which is becoming outdated.
- you're an experienced web designer who lives and breathes UX and can ideally advise us on website conversion optimisation (from the design perspective)
- you're happy to dedicate a good amount of time and effort to this project. Ideally, we would buy, for example, two days each week during which you would work only on this project. But we're open to discussion on this.
- you're willing to take time to understand our product, target audience and brand and come up with creative suggestion how to reflect these on our site & how to distinguish us from other websites in a subtle way (We have documented several ideas we had which we will share with you as a starting point but these are not binding)
- you enjoy working with clean and flat design that makes a good use of white space
- a good understanding of what is and isn't possible in HTML and CSS3 is desirable
- you'll produce three designs: Mobile, Medium and Large screens. We will use media queries to implement the designs responsively, so you need to know about how they work too
- you'll have a great portfolio on Dribbble or Behance of 100% your own work
ABOUT THE PROJECT:
We would like to start the cooperation by first working on the above-the-fold homepage part (see a few ideas to elaborate on below). If this part goes well, it will continue with creating a design for the whole promotional website for our online system (which also serves as a main website for our company)
- a simple static website consisting of a homepage and 4-5 pages (e.g. Features, Customers, Support)
- the images, screenshots, animations will be a key part of the site and we want to wow the viewer with them. Please therefore explore animation or parallax effects to bring them to life. See Mailchimp homepage or the other examples we've provided for inspiration. While we do want to impress with these, they mustn't detract from the overall speed and usability of the site. The user should keep control of the scrollbar, for instance, and there needs to be plenty of white space.
- copyright to all materials and designs will be owned by us
OUR CURRENT IDEAS:
- attached you can see the possible layout for the homepage which should serve just as starting point and can be completely redone
- we imagine that the homepage will contain an attention grabbing visual element, tag line & a sign-up form above the fold. The rest of the page will contain a few paragraphs of text, 'screenshots' of the system with description, client testimonials and another a sign-up form at the bottom
- for the visual element above the fold, we're current considering three possibilities: 1) video 2) isometric slider (an unpolished mockup here: http://output.jsbin.com/jotehi/35) 3) flat slider – all with a tag line and sign-up form on them.
Here you can find examples of sites we like and which served as an inspiration to us: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4xtd02ayq56dyzi/AAB8xYH1n3uiE_yLc-5cF3l_a?dl=0
IN YOUR PROPOSAL:
- please state what would be the steps in your process
- share if you're able to dedicate certain days per week to this work
- let us know if you need any more details to decide if this work is for you
- share your first general thoughts on our current idea for the homepage layout and the above-the-fold part