Personal injury law firm is seeking an experienced content writer to create new content for our firm’s websites, blogs and social media pages.
Content should be targeted for the layperson who may not be aware of their legal options and is looking for a lawyer to help them.
We are not looking for technical legal writers. The goal of all content will be to convert new clients, which includes highlighting and explaining our firm’s accomplishments and informing potential clients of their legal options --- in a concise and engaging manner.
We prefer to pay by the article until the candidate has demonstrate their ability by writing quality content in an efficient manner --- at which point we will pay by the hour (if hourly pay is preferred by the candidate).
We will need at least 5 blog articles and 2 or 3 pages of permanent (Evergreen) website copy per week. There’s an opportunity to increase the number of posts per week depending on applicant performance.
We will pay $25 to $35 per article depending on experience and skills, then up to $35 per hour (depending on the candidate's experience and ability).
We prefer all content to be added to a Wordpress site in draft mode on a predetermined schedule. Articles due will be added to the site 1 week prior to scheduled publish date.
Articles should use SEO best practices, correct keyword density, page linking, etc.
We will provide topics initially, but writers should be able to choose relevant topics and conduct their own, comprehensive research, when necessary.
You will also work with and assist our Social Media director to assist with daily content and posts for our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google + pages.
Applicants should have the following qualifications:
• Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Journalism, English and/or Marketing
• Marketing experience and very strong English skills
• Experience using Google Analytics to monitor conversion goals, content performance, bounce rates, etc.
• Experience writing and optimizing content for legal (preferably personal injury) websites
• Knowledge of best SEO practices, including keyword use and research and use of links and appropriate anchor text, and experience posting and editing content in WordPress
Since we receive a high volume of applications, applicants who do not fulfill the application requirements will not be considered.
All interested applicants should provide the following:
• Sample article (400 to 500 words) that’s intended to serve as the homepage of a personal injury law firm’s website --- the article should highlight fictitious accomplishments and discuss why people should hire our law firm after a truck, offshore, or other serious accident