Developer required to make edits to an off-the-shelf Shopify theme for an online e-commerce site by Tuesday 1st November 2016.
The client, Nu Blvck, is a start-up fashion e-commerce brand - its innovative business model connects designers and artisans to create collections of limited edition female fashion accessories. The website in development is intended to be minimalist, simple and user friendly. It will showcase great product photography and editorial imagery to consumers and offer a unique luxury shopping experience online.
The client will require the successful freelancer to make edits to an existing shopify theme (mainly cosmetic / design points).
The freelancer must have experience in working with Shopify themes, a good eye for design and be technically competent to undertake the tasks outlined. Communication with the client IS KEY on this project given the timescales involved.
Scope of Work
Theme (to be edited): https://themeforest.net/item/responsive-multipurpose-shopify-theme-granada/14907707
Edits are as follows:
*All edits must work across all devices - where appropriate*
1. Header layout altered to have the logo in the centre of the screen with menu buttons positioned at each side. (similar to that of the Granada Theme 5). This will be consistent across the whole website.
1. Gallery of four images at the bottom of the page (to be linked to instagram account).
2. New Page Template
3. We require a simple new page template to showcase designers and artisans. This page will require a large image at the top (full screen width), a section for text (with header). Importantly, this page will have a section showcasing the particular products in that specific designers collection (tagged as a particular collection in Shopify products).
A rough drawing of how this page will look is attached as a JPEG - entitled Designer Page Template.
Collection Page Edits
1. Currently the collection page has a header image. We would like to change this to be a revolving scrollable gallery/lookbook of editorial shots of the collection. This will be a different gallery for each different collection. The client would like to have the ability to edit the pictures in the gallery going forward.
2. For each product in the product grid we would like to show a different picture of the product when the cursor hovers over the image. Again, The client would like to have the ability to edit the pictures in the gallery going forward. A good example of this effect is shown here: https://uk.burberry.com/womens-backpacks/.
1. Under each product in the product pages, we’d like to include information on how each product is made. We particularly like the style of the following: https://maiyet.com/pages/our-story as a way of showcasing ‘artisan techniques’. We would require the developer to create a gallery style with bulleted features on the left, pictures on the right and a box for text with further information (all of which changes depending on which bulleted item you click on). The client would like to have the ability to edit the pictures in the gallery & text going forward.
Timescales & Deadlines
The client requires this project to be delivered by Tuesday 1st November 2016. Therefore the following timetable of work is required:
New page template agreed by 26 October 2016, wireframes presented to client.
Header and homepage edits completed by 26 October 2016.
Collection Page and Product Page edits completed by 29 October 2016.
New page template complete by 29 October 2016.
Testing and final edits 29 October - 1 November.
Project finalised on 1 November 2016.