We would like to hire someone full time to
(a) build and update a web scraping program that can efficiently scrape large amounts of data (millions of large entries)
(b) build and update a program that can work with that scraper to convert that scraped data into useable information, upload that data into a wordpress site, and tag/categorize that data properly. (again, this software would deal with millions of entries)
You should come in with strong experience of how to work with large amounts of data. Also, you should come in with your own suggestions of how to partition and host large databases (by hosting with a VPS or AWS or something else to that effect). We will need your guidance on that subject.
Please note that there are several phrases that you need to add to your cover letter even if you were invited to this personally by us in order to be considered.
PAYMENT: $550 a month
(Please add "I accept that the payment will be $550 a month" to your cover letter. Please do not apply if you won't be able to commit to that. )
REQUIREMENTS: 40 hours a week (but flexible in case you have other work one week)
(Please add "I will be able to work 40 hours a week on this project" to the cover letter. Please do not apply if you won't be able to commit to that. )
1. To be able to understand both written and spoken English. I am looking for creative people, particularly people who are interested in working on large scale interesting projects. Extremely strong English-writing skills are required. Please demonstrate that in your cover letter.
2. To think independently and generate your own tasks. Your independence will be rewarded. On future projects, not this one, I'd be happy to raise your rates or provide other benefits for good independent workers.
3. To have some interest in game development/video games, programming, art, artists, graphic design, web development or simply creative fields in general
4. A strong interest in learning. We are an educational company. We make educational products.
5. Additionally, your first assignments will be to read, understand, and form an action plan after reading dozens of articles that I will provide to you to learn from. If you do not like reading, and only want to follow instructions provided to you, then this job is not for you.
This will be a stable long term position with room for growth for candidates that are interested and prove themselves. You will be paid training to increase your skills during employment.
We are looking for people to work with us for the long term which is why we are so interested in training the right new people.
Please add the words "I love oranges" to your reply (even if you don't like oranges :) ) so I know that you have read the whole post. Cover letters without all of the required phrases will not be considered.
Please also demonstate your understanding of web scraping, wordpress, large databases, and the needs of wordpress websites with large databases (for example talking about cache plugins).