Mentioned is the basic summary of the Application.
Payment will be done only when POC will be submitted. If you agree to this, kindly submit your proposals. This project has to be started in First week of August and I can allow only 6-8 weeks for completion. So, I believe, a part time freelancer wont be able to complete this.
Description of requirements/functionality: We require a desktop app that will:
• Communicate with our database via an API
• Record videos on desktop
• Mirror Android or iOS devices onto the windows application so they can be recorded
• Allow for questions to be answered in comment and multiple choice formats
• Upload results back to our platform
The purpose of this application is to record video based usability tests so it must have the capability to record:
- what is happening on either the mobile screen (mirrored onto the desktop screen) and audio taken from the on board device microphone
- what is happening on the PC screen (or one of if multiple) and capture audio on a pre-configured PC microphone.
Video files must be quality managed to ensure that file sizes do not exceed 100mb for a 15-minute recording as they will be transmitted via the internet.
The application will be available to download from a link provided by our system. It should install and launch upon clicking a test link within our portal or supplied via invitation email.
During the recording process a two-line task summary should be displayed along with recording controls to pause or stop the task.
Upon selecting to “Upload” the recorded video should be tagged and then transmitted to our servers where it will be added into the particular project in the correct respondents Task responses.
Progress on Video Upload should be shown and upon upload completion the application should terminate or proceed to the questions if available.
On completing a video task, an option to uninstall the application should then be presented to the user so that their device can be left as it was prior to attempting the task. This is important as many people who will be using this software may not want it to remain on their device after recording and submitting a video.