Please find the detailed Job Description for Wireless Network position in Leamington Spa, UK.
We are looking for Wireless Network Engineers AND Senior Network Engineers having skills/certifications CCIE/CCNP/CCNA AND Wireless Certifications OR having equivalent skill, knowledge, experience as certification is preferred; and who has performed wireless site survey using tool like "Air-Magnet/ Ekahua". I was wondering if you would be interested for this assignment.
Let me introduce you to our company:
Integration International Inc. is an IT Solutions and Professional Services Company globally HQ in Parsippany, NJ. We offer Application Services, Infrastructure Services and Staff Augmentation Services to Fortune 1000 companies across North America. Our direct Clients are leading names in Banking, Finance, Manufacturing, Publishing, Life Sciences, Technology and Services industry verticals. Please visit us at www.i3intl.com for more info.
Hours and Date of operation: 18th and 19th August, 2016 (Regular Business hours)
Location: Leamington Spa, UK
• 1 CCIE OR Senior Equivalent Engineer & 1 CCNP OR Junior Equivalent Engineer.
• 4 – 6+ years of experiences in networking.
• Communication skills: English
Assignment Details (Wireless)
Information Need to Capture in Wireless survey
• Physical locations of access points
• Recommended access point power and channel settings
• Antenna type, location, and orientation specifications
• Power, mounting, and cabling specifications
• Any known or measured sources of interference
• Document gaps between requirements and the existing RF design and make recommendations for improvement to address coverage, interference, and contention issues
• Real-time data rate of associated client
• Packet loss
• Actual client behavior
• More Accurate AP placement location
• Link Speed.
Deliverables required From Engineer for Wireless Assignment:
• Custom RF design.
• WLAN GAP Analysis and Audit
• Spectrum Analysis report
• Audit Existing Wireless Infrastructure:
• Capture HD quality pictures complete site
Below are the Roles & Responsibility:
• An individual who can perform the Wireless Site Survey for Data and Voice across all the buildings and floors. Provide recommendation on Access-point placement map, Signal-to-noise ratio map, any potential interference map.
• Experience working on Wireless Tools like Cisco Prime, Air Magnet, worked on RF Design.
• Review requirements for the wireless LAN RF design, including required signal strength, signal to noise ratio (SNR) design levels, data rates, throughput, availability and capacity.
• Perform onsite verification.
• Inspect, measure and document the physical plan and wireless network
• Identify facility structures and communication devices that might interfere with radio signals or placement of wireless transmitters and access points.
• Scan for significant wireless LAN networks or major sources of non-802.11 interference
• Test propagation characteristics, coverage area, and signal quality
Tools Required for the Wireless Assignment:
Hardware Required during the survey:
1) Laptop with pre-installed recommended software
2) RF Spectrum Analyzer 2.4GHz & 5GHz (Compatibility of Hardware with Wireless survey tool to be confirmed by Surveyor)
3) Camera to capture pictures to use those pics as reference while creating the survey report
4) Tripod Stand for Wireless Access Points (if available at client site)
5) Internet Dongle
Kindly reply to this email with below requested information.
1.Do you hold any wireless certification, if yes please specify?
2.Have you performed wireless survey in past?
3.Experience on performing Active Survey?
4.Do you have software/hardware to perform wireless survey? If yes, please confirm the name?
5.Do you have your own Air Magnet /Ekahau or some alternative version?
6. Any experience working on Spectrum Analyzer and providing report?
7. Do reply with copy of updated resume. Please share your most updated resume having wireless experience on it. As per feedback from SA, they want to see any prior wireless experience, tools (SW/HW) utilized for wireless activity need to reflect on the resume. Also share your wireless survey report sample preformed earlier.
8.Please specify your best time to have a Telephonic Discussion with our Solution Architect along with your Cellphone Number?