Cogberry Creative, LLC (www.cogberry.com) is looking for a detail-oriented and motivated individual to fill a virtual editorial assistant position at a fast-paced entrepreneurial content strategy firm. Successful candidate will serve on an internal team to provide writing and editing assistance for approximately 10 hours of work each week. This role has high-growth potential.
• Conduct independent research, interviews, and writing.
• Draft blog posts and additional pieces for publication.
• Research and analyze current events and/or client objectives and contextualize for potential social media content.
• Assist with editorial workflow, technical support, and larger publication projects for clients and company as directed.
• Manage archive and portfolio for Cogberry Creative, LLC.
• Pursuing or completion of a bachelor’s degree, preferably in English, journalism, communications, or related field.
• Excellent communication skills, writing, proofreading, grammar, and attention-to-detail are necessary for success.
• Word processing and general computer skills required; including MS Word and Excel; Adobe Creative Suite and Google Apps experience desired; working knowledge of content management systems and FTP client software preferred.
• Proven ability to perform and prioritize a variety of tasks in an independent work setting.
• Must own and be able to operate personal computer and software as required as an independent contractor.
• Must be available during regular business hours between 10:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. EST at least two days a week for regular Cogberry Creative, LLC check-ins.
• Must commit to working a minimum of 3-6 months.
• U.S. citizenship required.
• $22 to $25 an hour
To apply, send your cover letter, resume, and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 12, 2016.