We’ve recently added a blog to our site (www.getsos.net) and we’re looking for a creative writer who is well versed in topics such as social, content, design, SEO and other forms of marketing that bloggers are interested in.
SOS is a unique service that promotes client’s blogs with daily social media updates. We read our client’s blogs, write and schedule daily updates to their social media accounts.
We’re a small team, based in British Columbia (no, we don’t have snow all year) and we’re a small team who’s really proud of SOS.
The typical article will span about 700-1200 words. You'll also need to do some research so you can include examples and quote experts within the article.
A volume of 1 piece per week is ideal.
Ideally, you also create the image(s) for the piece and publish the article on WordPress.
Here’s what would make you ideal!
- You keep promises, like having your post ready to go every Wednesday.
- You are creative. So instead of a blog post title “How to get more readers for your blog”, your title is “5 crazy-good ways to get more blog traffic”
- You know how to write a great blog. So we don’t have to encourage you to use short sentences, dashes, or sub-headings.
- You know your stuff. We need you to be current on topics such as social, content, design, SEO and other forms of marketing that bloggers are interested in.
- You have a thick skin - if your piece needs fixing, you roll with it.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with the following:
1. links to 3 examples of blogs you have written about social media topics (blogging, content creation, social media promotion, traffic, images, etc).
2. a short cover letter telling us why you are perfect for this job (mention Red Duck).
3. what concerns you have, if any, about accepting this role.
Thanks and we look forward to hearing from you!