I have purchased a commercially available Bootstrapped WordPress theme that i need some custom design and development work done on to make it suitable for my business model. The theme can be seen here: http://themeora.com/demos/ascent-premium/
Being a developer myself, i have already accomplished a lot of what is required in an existing theme I developed and can hand across the theme code base to help you with the job (along with providing support where needed). This contains a lot of the custom functions for EDD and the various other plugins to accomplish a lot of what is required in this specification.
You won't be required to purchase any plugins, as I will provide a a duplicator archive with everything setup as per the demo (with plugins) so you can start work immediately without delay.
Please note however that this isn't purely a design job, as I need someone with in depth theme development knowledge and high-level PHP experience to develop custom widgets to migrate some hard coded functionality within the theme.
The most time consuming parts of the job are as follows:
• Developing a custom Easy Digital Downloads product display widget (though a lot of the code can be reused from elsewhere).
• Styling Easy Digital Downloads - Front-end submissions vendor dashboard and creating a vendor template page (again - a lot of this code is done!).
You must have knowledge and development experience with the following plugins:
• Easy Digital Downloads + Add-ons (such as Frontend Submissions)
• SiteOrigin Page Builder
• SiteOrigin Widgets
• Jetpack (for styling only)
The rules for the work are as follows:
• Keep the code light, compliant and secure. Remove any redundant code (including unused CSS styling/classes) upon making functionality changes to the theme.
• Any user input boxes, selections, IDs and alike within custom developed widgets (or customizer code) should be sanitized and escaped to keep theme code base secure.
• Most of the styling is done via the core theme CSS already, re-use classes and keep the style sheet lightweight when adding features and functionality.
• Where possible try to leave the plugin included styling to do the majority of the work, so plugin updates are easy.
• Don’t “hack” any plugin code (with the exception of using plugin customized templates).
• Try to keep to the default plugin styling where possible to avoid re-inventing the wheel.
• Attention to detail is important – so be sure to check everything on mobile devices for responsiveness and compatibility.
• Don't invoke any additional plugins, the aim is to keep the page load optimal and lightweight.
For an experienced developer this job would take no longer than around 3-5 days, as most of the work is basic styling and modifying page template code.
I have attached the actual specification for the work to this job, so you can see the scope of the work required. I will also provide mock-up and example screenshots to guide you.
Please ONLY apply if you can get this job done in an efficient time and you posses the required PHP, HTML and CSS knowledge. You must also have an exceptional attention of detail and great communication skills so we can move forward with this project quickly.
There will be scope for further work should our relationship and this collaboration go smoothly.