1. No design needed, just wants it to look like this: http://screencast.com/t/sYqUEMjdFRe
2. Vision is that is lives just above the system tray on a window's machine, fixed width, user cannot change syle or size.
3. Support for Windows 8 and 10
4. No need for any web API tie in for MVP, just have static dummy data to show scrolling on ticker
5. Data ticker will slow down or stop when user hovers mouse over it
6. No need to show additional information, it is literally just showing the data running in a stream, not clickable, no additional data “drill down” for MVP
Here is the exisiting similar prototype.
Snackr is built using Adobe AIR and Flex. You can hack on Snackr using the free Adobe Flex and Adobe AIR SDKs, but life will be much easier if you use Adobe Flex Builder, an Eclipse-based IDE for developing Flex applications.