Background and description of the work
The European Trade Union Institute (ETUI) is developing two online courses for union representatives and members across Europe. Each course has a course leader who has experience of presenting the course face-to-face, and also has a script for how the course activities will work online, including short videos, screencasts and audio lessons, quizzes, discussions and collaborative activities.
ETUI wishes to contract for the editing of the assets of each course and implementation in the Learning Management System (LMS). Successful contractors will be asked to assemble all the media assets and other elements of the courses using an authoring tool (Evolve, http://www.evolveauthoring.com/), according to the script, then host it within an LMS (probably Moodle), ensuring conformance to standards and creating an attractive and intuitive course experience.
To support this development, the contractor will supply the following services:
- Assemble online course pages and assets in line with a specified structure.
- Build course pages – including text, image, audio, video and interactive (quiz, simulation) elements in line against a specified script.
- Take editorial control of all metadata at all levels.
- Ensure course elements comply with relevant industry standards (e.g. SCORM) and ETUI standards (e.g. terminology conventions).
- Experience of building online courses in one or more platforms (experience of Moodle and or Evolve is desirable, though not essential).
- Awareness of, or good evidence of being able to learn quickly, e-learning standards and conventions and understanding of their implications.
- Able to demonstrate methodical and accountable work practices, providing documentation and updates to make remote management straightforward (it is anticipated that the role holder may only meet other team members face-to-face rarely, if at all).
- Fluency in English, including strong ability to read and respond to technical specifications and instructions, is essential. Ability to speak French as well would be desirable.
- It is anticipated that most if not all of the work can be done online at a distance, without meeting the rest of the team. Day-to-day accountability will be to ETUI’s contracted project development managers, based in the UK.
- Access to a broadband connection and a PC capable of running modern browsers.
Familiarity with FTP/SFTP, Youtube, audio encoding would be an advantage.
The work is expected to involve 80 hours or more work for the two courses, spread over a few months.
Note: ETUI has also advertised this posting on its Call for Tenders web page at https://www.etui.org/About-Etui/Call-for-tenders