Our goal is to use ZenDesk as our KnowledgeBase provider. However, our internal team still uses Salesforce as our primary client communication tool. ... We need to create a custom Salesforce component that will enable Salesforce users to search the ZenDesk knowledge base from inside Salesforce. The user should be able to search and view the results summary, open the selected article in a Subtab of the current ticket, and copy the URL of the article (if public) into the Salesforce message they are sending to the client.
... This tool should function almost identically to the knowledge base tool that is already built into the Salesforce product, except that it pulls in ZenDesk articles.
- console custom component that pops up after pressing a button in the bottom row
- component includes a search box that searches our ZenDesk Help Center
- a list of a search results appears below the search box
- each result shows: Article Title (link to open subtab), Excerpt (approx 200 words), Section or Category label, Last modified date.
- clicking on the link opens the article in a sub tab of the current primary tab
- article will have a link at the top of the page if the article is public or customer facing, which can be copied by the user.
- article should include the basic ZenDesk rating functionality
- View analytics and ratings should be reported back to the ZenDesk dashboard via their API.