An award winning digital agency is looking for a Creative Director to help lead a team, working with copywriters, graphic designers, web designers, account managers, brand managers and other marketers to develop creative guidelines and direct creative work, including websites, mobile apps, print collateral, email campaigns, and many related tasks.
You report directly to CMOs and to plan and execute projects.The CD will own the full-range creative process – strategy, concept, design, and development along with vendor/contractor management.
1. Responsible for directing the creative vision for the business and strategic planning
2. Establish, manage, and maintain the creative direction and goals for specific projects ensuring they fit the Client, brand, and business objectives
3. Champion the visual expression and brand voice of brand(s), and inspire the team to innovate creatively within the brand guidelines
4. Manage the Creative Team to maximize the productivity and efficiency of the team resources, while championing the overall caliber of visual design, content and customer experiences.
5. Assign projects to achieve achievable workload balance, effective challenges for each team member’s skill level, and career development
6. Collaborate with internal stakeholders to prioritize work in support of key marketing and sales needs
7. Champion effective copywriting of marketing communications – headlines, social media content, infographics, captions, and marketing content
8. Manage creative standards both art and copy while leading the creative team.
9. Responsible for the overall quality of work produced by the writers and designers on the team. Ensure total quality management
10. Provide team management, including team meetings, training, staff development, and other personnel-related decisions
11. Enhance department productivity and collaboration
12. Basic proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint Advanced conceptual experience Ability and willingness to be hands-on and in the weeds with design
13. Team-first attitude Exceptional interpersonal communication skills Demonstrated experience presenting/pitching creative work to client
14. Demonstrate experience acting as a design evangelist Demonstrated ability to manage multiple competing priorities under tight deadlines
15. Responsible for meeting project deadlines
16. Participate in client calls and meetings, from initial pitch/ concept through to delivery.
1. Accomplished in building brand presentations, writing and strategy.
2. Expert understanding of design principles, web and UX/UI trends and best practices (scope design phases /projects).
a. UI/UX experience.
b. Branding experience.
c. Print design experience.
3. Expert-level proficiency with Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
4. Knowledgeable of development and design process for the development of print, video and digital programs and ability to reinforce copy/content best practices
5. Strong, hands-on management skills with the ability to lead a diverse team and collaborate with other stakeholders in a collaborative work environment
6. Effective organizational and judgment skills used to resolve conflicting feedback from internal stakeholders
7. Positive attitude with strong communication and interpersonal skills
8. Experience of managing copywriters or directing art/design (advertising, promotion, and interactive media)
9. A strong understanding of brand development and multichannel marketing concepts
10. Strong persuasive skills
11. 8+ years of graphic design experience with a killer portfolio demonstrating excellence in typography, layout, color, and imagery
12. Minimum of 8+ years of creative agency or firm experience in executing graphic design, editorial and/or digital marketing projects
13. 5+ years of creative team management with degrees in art, graphic design, marketing, communications, journalism and other fields.
14. Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
15. Well-organized, detail-oriented, and able to handle a fast-paced work environment
16. Excellent written communication and verbal communication skills with strong interpersonal skills