Upwork is hiring!
We are looking for an expert C++ developer that, while working remotely, will be tightly integrated into our development team.
You will be responsible for setting overall technical direction and for making day-to-day decisions for the development of the Upwork Team App on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. You will write code for the application used by millions of users across the globe. You will review code written by other developers to make sure it exceeds high bar for quality, performance, and maintainability. You will work closely with product owners to define requirements, set priorities, and coordinate work among team members.
We are looking for a long term engagement. You will be working full time, 40 hours/week, developing new features and improving existing code base.
Candidates must demonstrate:
- Expert knowledge of C++.
- Expertise developing complex desktop applications on Linux.
- Experience of cross platform app development for OS X, Windows, and Linux.
- History of leading small to medium size development teams.
Candidates also must:
- Be proactive and customer focused.
- Work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Communicate frequently and effectively in English.
- Deliver elegant, high-quality, and well tested code.
Once hired, the developer must use the Upwork Team App to track hours. And though they can work from any country/time zone, developers must be available online 9am - 12pm Pacific Time (UTC-8) for interaction with the Upwork team in California ***
The selection process will include an Upwork specific written programming test and online technical interviews.