The office manager position is responsible for overall front office activities, including the reception area, mail handling and all other office services and related activities. Responsible for maintaining close contact with Corporate HR and the Accounting Department.
Manages the reception area to ensure effective telephone and mail communications both internally and externally to maintain professional image.
• Supervises and coordinates overall administrative activities for the Office Administration Department.
• Negotiates the purchase of office supplies and furniture, office equipment, etc., for the entire staff in accordance with company purchasing policies and budgetary restrictions.
• Supervises the maintenance of office equipment, including copier, fax machine, etc.
• Responsible for the facilities day-to-day operations (such as invoicing, creating purchase orders, quoting orders for customers, updating internal customer management system)
• In constant communication with Corporate Headquarters
• Responding to customer enquiries and complaints;
• Reviewing and updating health and safety policies and conducting monthly safety meetings with staff.
• Prepare and submit timesheets to Corporate at the end of each pay period.
• Partner with HR to maintain office policies as necessary and keep personnel files up to date
• Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice
• Leadership skills
• Time Management
• Communication Proficiency
• Organization Skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Part time / Full-time position,
Monday through Friday, Flexible hours.
Required Education and Experience
• High School Diploma with at least two years of previous experience in office management.
• Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task and priorities work