We are looking for a part time bookkeeper / data entry admin for ongoing work.
Tasks involved include:
- generating and presenting financial reports on a regular basis and on demand
- regular bookkeeping tasks including but not limited to entering accounts payable and receivable, reconciling merchant statements and bank accounts, etc.
- bookkeeping related data entry tasks such as manual entry of bulk data from statements, receipts, etc. as well as potentially certain other more general data entry tasks, transcriptions, etc.
- working with various accounting systems, such as Microsoft Dynamics, Quickbooks, Xero, and others
Perfect english fluency, both written and spoke, is required.
As part of the application process, please read the following fictional sequence of events and complete tasks a) and b) below:
1. Company A, a California corporation, purchases 20 boxes of paper from Company B on 1/1/2015 for $30.00 / box, on 30 day credit terms including a 3% interest rate compounded annually on late payments.
2. On 1/15/2015, Company A sells a product to customer John Smith for $15.00 in a cash transaction.
3. Company A makes further sales on that day for $5000.00 total.
4. Company B, on 1/25/2015, purchases 5 new computers for a total of $2000.00, which it pays for via check.
5. That check is cashed by the vendor on 1/28/2015.
6. Company A pays Company B 25 days late, via credit card, and for principal only.
7. John Smith, on 1/22/2015, returns the product he purchased for a refund minus a return fee of $3.00.
8. Company A can’t use the returned product again though, so it is disposed of.
9. On 1/30/2015, Company A’s monthly payroll runs, for one employee earning a salary of $21,000 per year.
10. The related checks are cut on that day and cashed five days later.
a) Explain in complete sentences the specific double entry accounting entries that would be recorded on the respective books of both Company A and Company B for the above sequence of events, including the order in which the entries would occur.
b) Provide an income statement and balance sheet for Company A and Company B as of 2/26/2015 assuming that no further events occurred besides those.
We appreciate you taking the time to fully complete your application, thank you for doing so, and look forward to reviewing it.