The Technical Training Specialist will be responsible for developing documentation and training resources related to the systems, software, and platforms used by Product Development. The Technical Training Specialist will assist in the analysis of documentation and training needs for content development by communicating with various Product Development staff at K12, as well.The Technical Training Specialist reports to the Senior Training Specialist within PD-T&T.
• Follow needs assessment and instructional design processes with appropriate delivery methods
• Develop, document, and create training within the training maintenance structure currently used by PD T&T
• Collaborate with stakeholders across Product Development in technical and non-technical roles for the purpose of needs analysis and communications
• Follow and maintain training status and schedule for training initiatives
• Must have at least 5 years of training analysis, development, delivery, and management experience within an organization
• Must have demonstrated background and experience in technical writing.
• Must have experience using software simulation tools
• Must have experience developing virtual training
• Ability to translate user requirements into documentation and training materials
• Self-starting, self-directed team player who can multi-task in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to meet critical milestones/deadlines
• High degree of competence with Windows and Microsoft products
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of technical and non-technical personnel (internal SME’s, stakeholders, etc.)
• Pro-active person with excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
• Practical experience in technical training development and delivery
• Demonstrated skill in training development tools such as Microsoft Word; and Adobe Photoshop and Captivate
• Familiarity with additional training and documentation tools such as RoboHelp
• Familiarity with audio and video software such as Audacity and Adobe Audition
• Working knowledge of commercial Learning Management and Content Management Systems
• Working knowledge of HTML and CSS
• MA in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Adult Education or business-equivalent combination of training and experience.
K12 is a Federal Contractor, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and a Drug-Free Workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status