Modsy is a fast growing SF based startup that allows you to see inspirational designs and decor within the context of your own home. Sparked by a lifelong passion for the intersection of design and technology, Modsy is being brought to life by a diverse and talented team of engineers, artists, designers, and creators. We're looking for great front-end developers.
We're looking for someone who can make an immediate impact, so experience as a art director, marketing, visual and communication is essential. However, our needs can change quickly so we encourage anyone who is interested in Modsy to apply! This position is Freelance and based in San Francisco or remote.
- Design one or more of Modsy’s consumer facing communication material.
- Create a look consistent with all of Modsy while pleasing our users.
- Communicate effectively in a cross-functional product development team and present ideas and designs effectively.
- Present the messaging visually so information is easy to read, easy to understand and easy to find.
- Market and promote our product and features so users understand what they're getting and what the benefits are.
- Work close with Marketing, Product, Business, Customer Service and Engineering teams members.
- BA/BS degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), HCI, CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience in a related field
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience with Responsive Design
- Proven track record of creating effective communication design material in portfolio
- Strong Typography skills
- Proficient with industry standard design tools (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch)
- Excellent communications and customer relations skills, as well as the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and follow-up
- Independent, results-orientated, strong work-ethic
- Expert in HTML/CSS, ability to hand code HTML and recognize possible browser incompatibility for HTML email
- Experience with email campaigns
- Must be self-motivated to prioritize and manage workload and meet critical project deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build good working relationships
- Proven ability to act as a leader in communicating conceptual ideas and design rationale, all within a user-centered design process.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and familiarity with technical constraints and limitations as they apply to designing for platforms such as desktop and mobile web.