MSI, a leading nationwide distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products is seeking a Professional Studio Photographer to own and manage our Web Photography Studio from photography shoots to image processing for both still product and room scenes. This is a key role and will have a global impact on our advertising and marketing communications across B2B and B2C. We seek a Web Studio Photographer proficient in room scene, studio and product photography. Come up with New Design and photography processes. Photographer will work in web studio to create images for high volume shot counts for a wide variety of still and room scene photography for MSI. Execute on-time, cost-effective product photography to accurately represent brands, focusing on, understanding and capturing the specific details that make each product unique with the customer in mind.
Support Studio Photography needs from time-time for Home Depot Channel partner business and others. In addition, Photographer will from time-to-time shoot curated creative for print, digital and social media campaigns. Will work on image upload, manipulation and enhancement using 2016- 27” iMac Workstation w/ Retina Display. 2 days/week or approximately 8-10 hrs/week.
• Execute still and room scene photography for print and web
• Manage schedule, ensuring that all titles’ needs are met in a timely manner.
• Manage photo studio, including camera and lighting equipment, props, backgrounds, workstation and software, etc.
• Maintain stock of basic studio supplies
• High Res image creation and upload to Third Party Production firm for Image Scanning
• Auditing Digital Visualizer tools on Website and photo assets and type
• Capture photographs in a studio environment including fixed object and room scenes
• Adjust camera settings to environment and subject matter
• Operate professional grade studio lights and equipment
• Transfer digital images from camera to computer photo editing software
• Perform digital photographic editing techniques
• Gather information pertinent to photographic events
• Adhere to established image naming and uploading procedures; streamline processes as needed for efficiency
• Keep current on industry and technology standards, social media, competitive landscape and market trends
• Communicate and collaborate with the National Marketing team to meet deadlines and adhere to product and brand styling guidelines
• Maintain Image quality control and accuracy, resourcing and purchasing of all supplies related to photography
• Light retouching
• Train and instruct freelance/contract photographers if needed
• Understanding of and familiarity with existing product categories for all MSI brands
• Responsible for maintaining safe and organized photo sets
MSI is a leading nationwide distributor of flooring, countertop, wall tile and hardscaping products. MSI also maintains 21 distribution centers across the United States and Canada. MSI’s product line includes an extensive offering of natural stone, porcelain, ceramic, glass and quartz products imported from 36 countries on six continents.