Android and iOS Developer, Trial Job
Dedication, quality, and availability to work are the most important qualities I am looking for.
This job is for a Android, iOS and server end developer. We have launched our fitness app and are now looking for a developer that will help us fix minor bugs and make new features. In return, I can offer a modest pay rate increase and a chance for long term contract. For this job, we are looking for a developer that has experience developing activity tracking functionality. You will be creating a feature that allows our users to track their running activity very accurately, and display the following:
1) Route traveling
2) Pace per mile or kilometer
3) Ability to pause activity, restart activity and end activity
4) Display a dashboard of the completed run with map showing the route traveled, total distance ran, total time for the run, average pace for the total run, and splits graph per mile or kilometer
To help you understand the job better, check out the app Runkeeper or Strava.
Minimum availability: 30 hours per week for 12+ weeks
Please don't apply if you are not able to work at least 30 hours per week
Potential for pay increases, increase in hours and long term contracts (3+ years!) for great developer.
A little bit about us:
We created our apps with a native language: Objective-c for iOS and Java for Android.
The back-end server is developed on Amazon Web Server with Ruby on Rails and Postgres is used as our database.
This job is for applicants who :
1. Want to gain Upwork experience
2. Can work 30+ hours per week as needed for 12 weeks
3. Want a chance to prove themselves on Upwork for higher-paying part-time or full-time work in the future with this organization or another one
1) Excellent English Skills
2) Object-c, Java, Ruby on Rails and Postgres
3) Familiar with Github and Amazon Web Server
4) Experience developing fitness apps