I am looking for an editor for my podcast that will be launching in October. This will be an on-going bi-weekly or weekly job.
- This is a business / finance show that revolves around getting out of student loan debt.
- Interview based show with episodes running about 40 - 60 minutes in length.
- Will likely start out releasing episodes on a bi-weekly basis, but might move to weekly soon after launching.
- I have already recorded 11 interviews, and I have edited 4 of those in Garageband to learn about the editing process.
Responsibilities of the editor:
- Make the audio quality sound as good as it possibly can from a background noise, tuning, mixing, leveling, etc. perspective.
- Remove all unseemly elements like "ums", "uhs", lip smacking, awkward / long pauses, false starts, etc.
- Remove specific parts of the content that I would like removed so that it flows as smooth as possible. I will provide time stamps for these parts, or I will remove them myself (in Garageband or another editing software program) and you will piece the audio back together. We can discuss how best to do this.
- Insert any provided audio branding elements such as intros, outros, sponsor reads, and transitions
Ideal background of editor:
- You are a podcast fan. You know the difference between a narrative style podcast and an interview based podcast. You have an ear for what makes a good episode.
- You have worked as an editor on other podcasts before, or you have launched your own show.
- You have a strong knowledge and background in audio engineering.
- You have the flexibility to expand with the workload as time goes on. The show may go from airing one episode every two weeks to as many as two per week. It all depends on how things are going. I may also want to do some narrative style episodes in the future.
- I have very high ambitions with this show, and it would be great for the editor to have the ability to help me improve the ideas and processes around the show as time goes on.
- You should be positive and upbeat.
- This work will most likely take around 2-4 hours per episode. I would like to pay a flat fee per episode, which is paid on a monthly basis. The amount is negotiable based on qualifications and experience level. This could also lead to other projects in the future.