A flexible remote sysadmin/devops position is available at InterPals.net, a popular social networking site that connects people around the world for friendship, language practice, travel, and more. The site has over 3 million active users. Our user base is extremely enthusiastic and dedicated, which makes development exciting: millions of people already enjoy using the service.
Our site is PHP on a typical LAMP stack for a high load website: sharded MySQL, Memcached, and Sphinx on Centos across 10+ dedicated servers. We use some AWS services (S3, SES). Frontend is basic CSS/HTML/JS (for now, mainly jQuery). Monitoring is done via Zabbix.
We want to:
- Automate server deployment with SaltStack
- Create development environments, both local and remote/staging
- Improve our code deployment process
- Make sure that our MySQL backups are consistent and recoverable
- Improve our server and process monitoring
- Take our email delivery in-house (currently use AWS SES) while maintaining...