This can be an exciting and long-term opportunity for the right candidate!
We are looking for a Business Analyst with a strong set of skills that can join our team and provide value to the organization shortly after becoming a member of the team.
Our organization provides valuable data and analytics to our clients in the insurance industry to help them better understand their business and ultimately help them become more efficient and effective.
You will be part of the Analytics Team, reporting to and assisting the Analytics Manager in reviewing and interpreting raw data, defining reports, and executing on projects that provide our clients with valuable information to better manage their businesses.
- Help to define reports in Excel that measure trends and compliance; make data presentable and understandable.
- Assist with oversight, scoping, requirements gathering, and analysis for Analytic Team projects.
- Assist with the formulation of scope and objectives for projects, as needed.
- Conducting problem analysis and submitting recommendations for a solution.
- Gain a complete understanding of all available data sources, execute data gathering and cleaning, analytics and metrics reporting.
- Ability to the see the big picture, understand business needs, and identify solutions.
- Willing to get your hands dirty (not literally!) and do what needs to be done to accomplish the job at hand.
- Strong Excel knowledge with experience in creating reports, pivot tables, etc. Some experience with data analysis would be a plus.
- Systems capabilities and knowledge that will allow the creation and maintenance of reports within the business’ software.
- Good understand of file management systems and ability to create file structures that are easy to access and locate needed files.
- Have broad business understanding and experience. Having some experience in the homeowner’s insurance industry would be a plus, but not required.
- Project Management experience and skills.
- Must have excellent English communication skills. Must be verbally fluent with near-native abilities with the English language.
- Strong written English skills.
- Great communication skills. This means being proactive with your communications/statuses – not waiting for manager or owner to ask for status.
- Must be available 4-6 hours each workday on US Eastern time schedule.
NOTE: This is NOT a data analyst position! We are looking for a business analyst with a strong business analysis skill set. This position will be preforming some data analysis but it will be part of a broader scope.
IMPORTANT: Include a strong cover letter selling me on why you are a strong candidate and why I should consider you for this opportunity.