Simple CAM programming for demo injection molding project. The CAM tool paths will not be used for anything but demonstration purposes; that is, the tool paths will not be used to machine any parts. The tool paths will be used for show purposes only. CAD skills required to properly model machining set-ups and to constrain mold and fixture components.
1. Prismatic 2.5 axis milling only - simple milling and hole-making; contouring, 4 and 5 axis milling, and/or turning are desirable for this project.
2. Creation of set-up files based on templates will be required; that is, the machined component will be replaced and re-constrained. Vices, clamps, fixture plates, and tombstones will be added to the set-up as required.
3. 24 components must be fully machined - this usually means 2 set-ups per component for a total of 48 set-up files.
4. Set-up files will be based on existing set-up files.
5. NX 10.0.2 is preferred but not required.
6 NX license is preferred but not required.