We are looking for a copywriter with proven experience writing for the industrial, engineering and collegiate sales market. We have a marketing plan with specific writing tasks (explained below) and we need a rock star copywriter to complete these tasks. We have currently sold over 450 licenses since October, but are looking to create significant interest and awareness of our current product to increase sales beyond this point. We are very proud of our product and we need the right person to demonstrate that pride in our marketing correspondence. The perfect candidate will be able to research our customer base and find the best way to write to the potential buyer.
The copywriter will create specific copy for certain scenarios and consumer groups. We will need the following writing tasks completed to increase our brand awareness and produce new sales.
This is what you will work on in order of priority:
(Some of the tasks below already have existing copy that will need to be improved upon by our copywriter.)
• Rewrite our training page with better copy (www.gdandtbasics.com/gdt-training) and improve our calls to action.
• Write copy for an upcoming affiliate email blast from engineering.com.
• Provide recommendations on all of our website’s sales copy (www.gdandtbasics.com).
• Create a “New Subscriber Introduction” email for new subscribers to our email list
• Create a “Welcome” email for customers who have purchased the course.
• Compose a Template Sales page for our affiliates or advertisers to use on their site.
• Create a one page flyer or handout for the course (just the copy, we will provide the pictures and details).
• Create a 3-email sequence to sell the course to our email list with announcements and additional discounts.
• Write a one page proposal template for:
o Technical colleges
o Large companies with training manager.
o Smaller companies
o Individuals interested in improving career skills
• Create an email Cold Contact Template for:
o Smaller technical colleges
o Professor or large colleges
o Large companies with buyers
o Smaller companies (like a machine shop).
This is just the start of what we need! We will likely have future work available. We are looking for an A+ copywriter who will learn how to continually improve our copy in the future.
- Eloquent but Simple Writer – We want someone who knows how to talk the way our customers speak in the industrial, engineering and collegiate market. We need someone who writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose. The right person will be able to mix the technical aspects (that we provide you) with great copy to sell to this market.
- A+ Copyrighting Research Skills – We need someone who will do the ground work to understand our customer. They will know what questions to ask us to learn our product, and know the best ways to research a market in order to write sales copy. The right person will understand the basics of what we offer and know the best way to approach our customers with each specific assignment.
- Sales Experience for Training Products – Since we are selling training, the right person will have some experience writing sales copy for training. We need someone who understands what entices a person to purchase training and what their buying thought process is.
- Cold Contact Sales Ability – A lot of our email correspondence will be cold leads that we are approaching with offers. We need someone who understands the dynamics of approaching a cold lead and who can write in a way that is neither too timid nor too aggressive.
- Ability to handle criticism and feedback, yet stand up for what you know will work – We need someone who is open to new ideas and willing to adjust copy based on our feedback. However, you will be the expert so we want your opinion on what will work.
- Perfect Grammatical and English Skills – Grammar, spelling and all proof reading must be done before we see the copy. We will not proofread for you and expect each proposal or draft to contain perfect English. We only want to change core content in each revision and will not accept non-proofread copy.
- High Attention to Detail - When it comes to our customer correspondence, we need someone who takes the time to do things right. Our copywriter must be willing to rewrite to get things perfect. Our templates will need tweaking and improving to get them just right.
In summary, we are looking for an A+ copyrighter who can really improve our website and marketing copy for our company. We are predominantly engineering professionals, so we look forward the input from a professional copywriter.
See the attached example of our current copy (that needs improvement).
Please submit pertinent sales copy examples with your proposal. Highlight experience that relates to this position.
We look forward to your application.