I'm represented by an assistant public defender. I would like you to speak with him for 1 billable hour on the phone and see if there are any tips you can give him to help with final negotiations of this case.
Facts of the case, in rough chronological order:
* I made an agreement with the original prosecutor for pre-plea misdemeanor diversion in 2013
* The prosecutor backed out because he didn't like an e-mail that was sent to an investigator (which was polite and provided a password that had been requested, but was still not well-received)
* For a year they tried to get me to agree to a misdemeanor
* I pushed for the original agreement
* They charged me with a felony and again pushed me to settle for a
* I got the original supposed "victim" of the crime to come on my side and ask for a diversion or dismissal of the case (this was a computer WiFi prank within a computer club, in response to the fact that my e-mail was hacked by a staff member, so they...