* Deep understanding of MySQL / SQL
* Deep understanding of how database internals work
vExperience with Amazon's AWS and/or similar alternatives, it would be great if the DBA could advise us
* Preferably extensive experience with making databases run more efficient.
Some of his tasks might be:
* Manage our DB system, currently 6 million records but this is likely to be 100s of millions of records soon
* Currently we get our data from third-party-vendors, sometimes this data is incorrect or incomplete.
- This results in a non-working web-platform. The issue is that it could be an issue in our platform or in the data we load into the system. Currently it takes us to much time to analyse data so we need somebody who can help us with this.
- We need somebody to write proper queries to see if data is incorrect/incomplete and discusses issues with the development department. Next we can work towards a solution together with him/her
* Since our database is growing (too) fast we need advise and changing the implementation on the way our current database is build and structured
* We're like to move to Amazon's AWS or a simlair alternative, the DBA will have an important part in advising us and migrating the databases.
We see this as an ongoing job for about 10 to 25 hours a week for the upcoming 3 to 6 months and maybe even for the upcoming year. We need a senior Database Architect and Manager with as much experience as possible to do this job.
Are you the right person for this job?
Please reply with a simple, non templated, message and state:
* 3 Previous projects you did similair to this assigment
* 1 short paragraph about yourself and your background
* 1 short paragraph about why we should hire you
Many thanks in advance