Binary.com is a binary options company with offices in Malta, Malaysia, and Japan. Founded in 1999, the company has been recently undergoing fast-paced growth, and is seeking to recruit an experienced PostgreSQL DBA to assist us with scalability and performance of our databases.
Our main PostgreSQL database currently processes over 1 million transactions per day, and is expected to grow further in the near future. The other elements of our technology stack include Linux, Perl, Mojolicious, Starman/PSGI, Redis, Chef, nginx.
Required skills include:
- ability to understand a complex relational model
- experience with large PostgreSQL deployments
- confident in MVCC
- PLPGSQL and SQL
- triggers and notifications
- ability to find missing and unnecessary indexes
- physical and logical replication
- OLTP and OLAP
- Perl knowledge would be a plus
- MDX and icCube knowledge is a plus
- experience with OLAP cubes would be a plus
Interested candidates should attach their CV and detail their experience with large-scale PostgreSQL deployments.