I run an online-only business that sells moving boxes. The site is onedollarmovingboxes.com.
One of the ways we drive business is through referrals from realtors. We have lists of thousands of realtors. We have done "email marketing" to them in the past, but it has really been very spammy and with absolutely no tracking whatsoever. We need to bring our email marketing practices up to modern standards and capabilities.
I would describe my needs on this project as both consulting and implementation. What do I mean by that? I want to hire someone who is familiar with email marketing best practices and tools and can help answer my questions and help me make well-informed decisions about what to implement, how to run the campaigns, how to track the traffic and measure the effectiveness, etc. Then, I want someone who can help me implement all of that as well as see me through the first campaign or two to work out any issues and make sure that the objectives are met.
Past that, I would articulate my requirements as follows:
1. I really want the calls-to-action to realtors to be to refer their clients to us. Realtors have unique knowledge about where their clients are in the their real-estate transaction life cycle, and, as a result, when they need moving boxes. Realtors also love to be in the position of recommending cool, value-added products or services to their realtors, which we believe we have (particularly given that we resell SmarterBoxes).
2. This is a nice-to-have, but if there is a way to create an on-the-fly, personalized coupon for moving boxes for the realtor's client, that would be amazing. I'm OK if this would require the realtor to have an account on our site and require them to login to our site and provide their client's email. We would then send their client an email with the coupon indicating that it was provided by their realtor. If there is a WordPress/WooCommerce plugin that does this, I would gladly pay for it.
3. Regardless of how #2 happens, I need to have full traceability and visibility about referrals, which realtors do/don't make referrals, and which of the referrals ultimately lead to business. One of the biggest problems we have today is that we don't know which realtor relationships are most valuable to us. Consequently, we sort of treat everyone the same.
4. I also need all the modern email-marketing capabilities like offering/handling opt-ins, opt-outs, bounce backs, spam avoidance/monitoring, etc.
5. This is important. I much prefer to buy off-the-shelf software versus build custom software. So the right person for this project will be someone who shares a similar vision.
Last, I want to approach this project as a pilot. The pilot would be scoped as doing a "live test" with something like 25-100 realtors, then doing something like 100-500 realtors, and then going fully live with all of our lists.