We're creating cutting-edge entertainment lighting and control systems to empower musicians, dancers, and visual artists with direct real-time control of shows. Our current research project is to create a wearable development kit that will allow artists and performers to use sensors and motion analysis of their body to control our Sugar Cubes modular LED system (http://symmetrylabs.com/), as well as lights worn on the body. The overall goal is to make tools that make advanced technology simple enough to be accessible to artists of all types.
We're looking for a developer with Embedded Linux experience to help us make our platform rock solid. Initially we would like to tackle several small projects to build a relationship, with the hope of hiring full time if things go well.
Useful experience includes:
- Embedded Linux distributions, preferably Debian
- Bluetooth 2.x and 4.x (Low Energy) communication
- Linux Bluetooth utilities like Bluez
- Languages: C, C++, Node JS, Python
- Low level Linux drivers: SPI, I2C, Bluetooth
- Experience with addressable LEDs
- Designing performant and robust hardware drivers
- Experience designing tests to quantify best and worst case performance of embedded systems